CSV to XLSX in Flow

Hello,

I am working on a flow that converts data from Flow to excel for export. Currently, I am building a CSV then exporting that to a server. I then place that CSV into a onedrive folder to be handled by power automate. (I am using an altered template from microsoft - “Convert CSV Files to Excel Workbooks”). Power automate seems to have an issue with this CSV and does not convert the data correctly. If I open this CSV with notepad and type a letter than delete the letter, then resave the file with the exact same contents, this new version works perfectly with power automate. I cannot seem to figure out how to solve this within power automate at the moment so I am wondering if something else is going on with Novacura exporting files and if that can be changed within the flow. For example, could I change the encoding of the file before export or any sort of metadata? Any help to this solution or suggestion of a different solution would be appreciated.

Best,
Andrew

It seems Novacura exports as UTF-16 Little Endian, and when I re-save in notepad it is then saved as UTF-16 LE BOM. So I would like to think that changing the encoding would solve the issue, but I do not know how to do this within Novacura. I am using a file systems connector to upload the CSV as a stream to a file.

Haven’t really tried this, but have you tried the code page parameter?

File operations | Flow Help

1 Like

Also if you have access to the Novacura Marketplace might be worth looking into this: Excel Connector Demo - Novacura Marketplace 2024

It uses the microsoft Graph Api to create a REST Call to get data FROM an Excel File. Pretty sure it would work the other way around as well. In case you want to skip the file in between and directly output an Excel file. I assume it’s similar to what you are doing with Power Automate.

1 Like

Yes, that is a good idea, I ended up figuring out the encoding with power automate. It is a bit easier of a solution than using MS Graph, but the MS Graph solution may work better as power automate is not the best so I may end up doing that instead.

Thanks for the help!
-Andrew