Connecting to IFS when Novacura User is different from IFS User

Has anyone had a scenario where the User Login in Novacura was different to that users IFS User ID?

E.g.
Novacura user: APROST
IFS User: APO001

We are using both the IFS10 Database connector and the Oracle Database connector. With both options, the default options give an error saying

System.Exception: MachineWorkflowExecution exception. Failed locating an active FndUser with directory_id ‘APROST’

No active foundation user with DIRECTORY_ID ‘APROST’ exists

Is it possible to save the IFS user id in a User Property and use that with the IFS connectors? Or do we have to add these IFS users to Novacura?

Hi,

for automatic impersonation the Flow User ID must match IFS Directory ID:

However it is possible to set every machine step to be run as something else

Or if you omit the user in the connector configuation then you can set this on Flow user itself (or if you omit it here also user will be prompted for IFS credentials when they try to log onto Flow)

(This is a gray zone when it comes to Oracle licensing)

Hope this helps!

B R
Ivan

Hi Ivan,

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately, the option to use the Machine step level run as user isn’t really feasible for our setup (too many flows to update).

We need to look at the option to have user level login for the connector. We use AD to authenticate the Novacura users, I don’t think we can have the IFS passwords saved in Novacura. Also, if we don’t have the password, would the user be propted to login for every machine step to IFS? We have flows with multiple machine steps to IFS. We will need to investigate this option some more.

Regards,
Mahesh

Hi Mahesh,

if you omit the password on the user you will be prompted for IFS password (for the IFS user you set on the Flow user) just once, when you log onto Flow client or Portal

B R
Ivan

1 Like

I have been trying the above where the IFS10 connector doesn’t use a global user id. It works if I login to novacura by entering the Username and password manually. I get the prompt to login to IFS user, and the Workflows that use this connector will work without errros.

However, if I was to try and use the Sign in with your Microsoft domain account, then the user will be signed in, if I am logged into windows with the same account, but I do not get a prompt to login to the IFS user. It just signs the user in using SSO.

But afterwards, when running the workflow, I am getting an error.

So seems the above only works if user manually logs in. Is this your same experience? Or am I missing something?

Hi Mahesh,

hmm not sure about that specific scenario but i know it works with OpenID login (configured on the Flow server)

Hope this helps!

B R
Ivan

Thanks Ivan. I will check with Novacura. Using Open ID/Azure AD is not an option for this environment, so we are using AD Sync via the On-premise AD.