Edit Operation - ADD function not working

Hi all,
I’m trying to ADD a new line in table portlet, from edit operation - CRUD workflow.
There, UPDATE the existing line is working fine and updated in DB but for ADD I can’t see any changes in DB.
This is a query I have written, Kindly review and provide any other possibilities.

Declare

BEGIN

IF :Type = ‘Update’ THEN

UPDATE …;

ELSIF :Type = ‘Add’ THEN

INSERT INTO …
ELSIF :Type = ‘Delete’ THEN

DELETE FROM …
END IF;
END IF;
END;

Thanks in advance!!
Regards,
Swetha B

You are not getting any errors? Sounds like the add section in your code never executes. Have you debugged the workflow and checked for any logical errors?

Hi Alluse,
Thanks for your response!!

yes, I haven’t got any errors, and it seems as you said that add section in code not executed.
Since, this is CRUD workflow from portlet only I’ll get input so can’t test in Debug mode.
I have run the add section in local PLSQL developer, it is working fine.
Can you suggest me any other way to test this?

Regards,
Swetha

Hi,

You can debug the machine flows that are dependent on external input by adding a script/assignment/table step in the beginning of the workflow with the required input. I usually add a decision step in the beginning of the workflow that evaluates “If client is studio then run with debug values”. Just so you don’t accidently publish a workflow with a debug setup.

To see the payload that the Portal sends to the workflow you can “inspect” the page in the browser. HTTP requests can be viewed in the Network tab.